Friday, August 27, 2010

Life Lessons from Pops

My dad sent me to excerpts from the book The Horse Whisperer. Thank you for the quotes. Next year I have to decide where I want to live and what to do with my life. Luckily, right now there are not many obligations, so the possibilities seem endless. Who knows...New website: www.Off2(Fill in the blank).com.

Life is a struggle between obligations and possibilities.
For obligations are palpable, soundly rooted in reciprocal deeds.
Possibilities on the other hand are chimeras, flimsy and reckless, even dangerous.
And as we grow older and wiser we realize this and close them off. This is reality.


The other is a wonderful moment in his life where he wished that now could last forever. But what he realizes is that forever is but a path of nows and the best a man can do is live each one fully in its turn.

No comments: