Thursday, October 4, 2007

Excuse my French

With The United Nations, World Health Organization, CERN, and Red Cross being based here, people come from all over the world making Geneva a very international city. At work, everyone speaks english and it is the common language for business. There are quite a few coworkers that don't speak much French, so they can get by relying on everyone else to know english. When you get out of work and into the city, it is a different story - everyone speaks french. So deciding not to be the ignorant american, yesterday I enrolled and went to my first french class. Working for the UN, they offer french to employees at a discount and you go during the work day. How sweet is that! The bad news is that I started the class one month late, so the next couple weeks will be cramming tongue twisting words in my head....

2 comments:

David Pierce said...

I can't believe that let you take classes at work. That would never happen here.

nuria said...

I want to be Seth! D. was just here and linked me to your site.